Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 2 - Free Waterpark!

Unfortunately no new pictures for this one :( So today we had the morning to sleep in - but we were all up and chatting by 8:30. I got to know my roomates a little better and make my first real breakfast on my own: cereal! We had the morning to mill about, so Jer, me, and two of my roomates walked down to the nearest Dollar Tree to pick up some flipflops and dish soap. Our Canada-weathered bodies were melting by the time we got there. It was a fun trip though, and we passed a minigold place that we might add to our list of places to visit while in Orlando. At 12:50, it was off to the Pavilion to get more paperwork signed and to receive our ID cards! Mine, of course, like any other photo ID card, was horrible. But now we just have to flash it the the bus driver and Voila! Free transportation. Later we had a dull presentation about Housing, followed immediately at 6 o clock by departures to Typhoon Lagoon, a pirate-themed waterpark from Disney that our bosses had bought out for the night for all the ICP program participants - for free! It was raining for the entire trip, but that hardly affected us. We snorkeled with baby sharks, ate mickey ice cream sandwiches that normally would cost 5 bucks, and danced to in the artificial sand for hours! It was a great time. On the bus ride home, I met a new friend from the Dominican Republic with whom I attempted to practice my Spanish. No cigar, He did promise to teach me though, so we'll see how that goes!

3 comments: