Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 9 - Cast Connection

Today was my second day off, and so I forced myself to sleep in. Thanks to that, I didn't quite wake up all the way for the rest of the day. Oh well. My roomates and some of her friends were going to head to the waterpark(they're only free for us during May) but the sky was still completely cloudy so I suggested we try out that discount store we'd heard of. It's called "Cast Connection" and it is only available to Cast Members of Disney. You have to show your cast ID when you enter. There are two buildings - one that sells discounted merchandise and disney clothing that is either out of season or discontinued, and the other that sells lost or broken merchandise from the guests that didn't retrieve their things from Guest Services after losing them. There was some pretty cool stuff, including Star Wars toys, Mickey ears hats with peoples names sewn in the back, and 25 cent sunglasses. FRom the discount store, I bought a loaf of restaurant bread for 95 cents, two coffee makers for a buck each(!), and my very first Disney pin for my own tradeable pin collection. It was getting muggy, so we headed home and lounged both in and by the pool. My poor roomate Amy was desperate to work on her tan, but the sun didn't show for very long. Just before the afternoon rain started, we headed inside for a late lunch/early dinner and to make our evening plans. Originally we were going to watch Wishes at the Magic Kingdom, but a walk to Walgreens(the nearest drug store) took place instead. Amy and Vicky bought ice cream and post cards, and I bought some coffee and filters for my new coffee machine. I'm looking forward to using it. As I didn't take any pictures today, here are a couple from that time I volunteered for the action movie show at Hollywood studios. Judging by the photos, I may have gotten a little bit too into it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment