Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 4 - I hugged Mickey!

I wrote this last night but was too tired to finish it, so it's a bit late, but an update! ----- My dreams finally came true - I got to be like the child in the commercial and hug Mickey Mouse!(As well as Minny) We started our morning not-so-bright and early and were on the bus to Traditions class at 6:45am. It took place at Disney University, and lasted a good four hours. Included however, was a short walk about the park, where we saw several Disney Princesses and got to explore the underground tunnels used by the Cast Members to get from one place to another without ruining the magic of Disney(ex, a cowboy cast member walking through Tomorrowland to get to work on time.) We did a couple of sharing memories and leadership exercises, and were given a |Critter" if we participated. I was my team's leader, and I shared a Disney memory so I received two :) It was a lot of fun. Oh, and Mickey came in to visit us and hand out a couple of critters too! We also received our offical Disney nametags and Disney ID cards to get into the park for free! Of course, we had to take full advantage of that immediately, so a group of new friends and I headed off to the Magic Kingdom for half a day. I have to say, it hit me hard (again) while I was there about how surreal my situation this summer is. I still can't believe I'll be working at the happiest place on earth! We had to take a bus to the resort I'll be working at and then the monorail from there, so I got a quick glimpse of my potential future uniform. We also went through a couple of rides, like SNow White's Scary Adventures and Pirates of the Carribean, but my favourite still has to be the Haunted Mansion. Oh, and of course as I mentioned before, when we arrived we lined up to have our photos taken with Mickey and Minny Mouse and I finally got to hug him! Hurray! What interesting dreams I'll be having tonight! Anyways, without further ado, here are the promised photos. I have the day off tomorrow so there will be lots more to come!
Image 1 - My group of the day! We had such a blast.
Image 2 - Mickey, Minny, a new friend, and me! My glasses were sliding down my nose, so my expression looks a bit like I just sucked on a lemon :P
Image 3 - A sighting of Snow White and her Prince Charming!
Image 4 - Dinner at one of the pirate-themed restaurants. I fyou look closely, you might catch the "natural" looking poses of my fellow cast members
Image 5 - Fooling around in the gift shop after the Pirates ride
Image 6 - My workplace :)
Image 7 - One of the water artworks that Jeremy will be trained to do! We also witnessed the making of Donald Duck.
Image 8 - Jer and I entering Disney University just as the sun rises
Image 9 - The critters that I was given! Aren't they cute?
Image 10 - The critter Jeremy got for being his team's leader
Image 11 - Mickey! Sorry that its sideways
Image 12 - And finally, my Disney nametag! Hopefully I'll soon be able to add on a tag that says "Fluent in French" after I take the test. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment