Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rain, rain, rain and Late nights

Soooo hello again! I am here relaxing on the morn of my second day off, and I have much to tell! For the last week I have been working night shifts, finishing around 11 or 12 meaning I get home at 1. This hasn't been so bad, as I quickly adapted to it and now my body doesn't feel exhausted until 3 or 4am. However, in the coming week I will be working mornings again, so that might be a pain. Having mornings off was great because I got to sleep in and just mess about before going to work, but I haven't really gotten to see anyone. There's not enough time to go anywhere before work, and most people are already at work anyways. Instead, I have been trying to do some clean-up around the house and getting other chores done - I even made it out to the gym! Apparently there is a hurricane beneath us, as we have been having flash showers (and boy does it ever come down) followed by a few days of rainy overcast weather. There was one point on the bus while we were driving along the highway that I looked ahead, out the front window, and I could literally see a wall of rain that we were about to head into. Once we hit it, it didn't stop. I swear, the weather here is really weird. It actually starts coming down in like a curtain of water within 10 seconds of being sunny. While it's a nice break from the humidity we've had, I would like to have the sunshine back. On Monday after work, I got off the bus and was just wondering if Jeremy had gotten off of work yet when I walked right past him chatting with two girls he had met on his bus. I joined them and immediately discovered that there was a Spanish girl present whose french is about at the same level as mine. We happily switched between English, French and Spanish during our conversation while Jer made comments about how he had started it all. At about 1:30, I knocked on our friends' door, the Dangerfield sisters, and since Amy was free and neither of us were tired, we went for a nice walk to Walgreens for a hot chocolate. At about 3:45am I finally made it to bed and fell asleep. The next morning, I got up at 9:30 and quickly got dressed and ready for a day at the Magic Kingdom. I made it halfway there with my group of friends when I realised, as we were changing buses, that I had left my ID at home. After making plans to meet up with my friends at 3 in Tomorrowland (it's such a pain not having a phone!) I got back on a bus heading home and ended up sitting across from two of my surprised roomates. As it would be, one of them had forgotten her ID as well! Eventually, after having a nice long conversation with all of my flatmates(it's been a while since we were all home at once)I made it back to Magic Kingdom by half two(as my british roomates say, meaning 2:30). I was early, so I took my party of 1 to the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and had a good laugh at Mike Wazowski before finding my group again. It started pouring on us for almost our entire stay, but we managed to make it onto a few rides before going home to play board games. After a failed attempt of ordering pizza and a not-so-successful game of Clue, we switched to Apples to Apples and spent the rest of our evening laughing and having fun before heading back home to bed, after a wonderful day.
A cool scene I got between two "rocks" in Tomorrowland
A sighting of Buzz Lightyear!
Our fashionable and necessary rain ponchos. Yes, mine is just a garbage bag.
Can you guess what ride THIS is?
Ah, languages.
Our photo from the Space Mountain ride. The goal was to look terrified. I was enjoying the ride too much.
We were walking past the castle when suddenly fireworks went off and pairs of princesses came skipping down either side of the walkway leading to the castle stage. They were pretty flighty once they reached the crowds, but I managed to get a couple.
Moi :D
Snow White and Prince Charming escaping the crowds (as one woman ran along next to them and posed for the camera)
One of my favourite rides!
This creepy tombstone only breifly and rarely opens and blinks her eyes, and somehow I accidentally managed to capture it
Finally, we all shared a Dole Whip float before leaving the park. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment