Sunday, May 20, 2012

Days 13 and 14

These last two days have been a lot of fun. I finished up my training and spent some time with friends, which was really nice. Waking up for a nine thirty shift was actually not easy to do, after having gotten home from work after one in the morning the night before. I had a new trainer, Brendan, who reviewed a lot of things that I had already been trained on and taught me a lot about stocking and grocery deliveries as well. Did you know at the Contemporary, people who own time-shares actually can put out grocery orders that we deliver to their rooms? It’s about the price of a regular supermarket, but we usually have the groceries sitting on the counter or put away in the fridge before the guest checks in to their rooms. Now that I think about it, that’s probably been around for quite some time, but I have never experienced it so I thought it was kind of neat. I also found out that another way Disney Cast Members “preserve the magic” is by adding certain accessories sold in our store to our costumes. I, for example, am on my third day of wearing the Princess crowns that go with all of our princess dresses. So far I have switched between the Belle, Aurora, and Ariel crowns. I sometimes forget I am wearing a crown, like when I got into the elevator at the beginning of my break and three construction guys bowed to me and called me Your Highness. I have one manager who now refers to me as the Canadian Princess. I’m seriously having a blast. My shift the second day with Brendan ended at two (yay!) so I went monorail riding until I got to Epcot. I met up with Val, Kim, Cara, Devyn, and McKinna, and we went around the world again. This time, we got through England, France, Japan, America, and Canada. Canada was a hoot, all we saw were French words to the restaurant, moose plushies in Mounty uniforms, and maple syrup. A true representation of our country. I got really excited when we went to France, as Belle and the Beast were there as well as Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. We passed Alice and Mary Poppins in England, as well as Tigger and Eeyore. After gawking at kimonos in Japan, we headed to America for a good ol’ fashioned burger and fries meal. Except I had a veggie burger and grapes. Still, dinner was delicious. We had heard rumours of the delicious pastries in France, so we went there for dessert and I ordered completely in French! It was a little nerve-wracking, but I’m proud to say I understood the entire conversation. My friends told me they were jealous that I could converse with a certain French boy before his break, as he was replaced by someone else by the time they got their turn :P After dessert, we took the boat over to Hollywood Studios and met up with Val, one of my friends from Quebec. This weekend is the first of Starwars weekends, so we watched a performance that included Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers dancing to “Sexy and I know it,” and then rode the Tower of Terror once. Let me tell you, it’s a lot scarier when it’s dark out. After a fresh adrenaline rush, I headed home around nine and headed straight to bed. It was a great day!
How I look in uniform - wearing Aurora's crown
A bush Pluto at Epcot. What a beautiful sky!
The lumberjack outfit that the Canadian reps at Epcot have to wear.
Mary Poppins chatting with an adorable little boy.
The miniature France of Epcot!
Bush Beast and Belle in France.
The Japan of Epcot!
We went inside of a merchandise shop in Japan and of course there was a whole room dedicated to pokemon and anime! I just had to pose with this cute little pikachu plushie.
There was a kimono room and a restaurant attached to the shop, and every single cast member was dressed like this. So jealous!
I saw this purposely unfinished painting in France and immediately wanted to go up and paint it.Agh!
Anybody recognise this from Finding Nemo? Everybody in my group who saw it literally broke out into a chorus of "mine, miiine, mine, mine." Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment