Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 3 - A lizard in the house

(Image 1, the entrance sign of my apartment complex) Today my flatmates and I were reminded that we are truly in a foreign country. Here we were, settling down and preparing for bed as we have an early 6am wake up call tomorrow, when suddenly all that was heard was a collection of screams from our appartment. Apparently one of the commonly seen Florida lizards had scuttled its way into our living room. We spent the next little while trying to coax it out from under couches and corners until that was no longer possible. It currently resides inside the wall beside my bedroom. So long as it doesn't die in there, I'll do my best not to think about it. We started off our day with another presentation and paperwork signing. During our class this morning we also found out where we will be working. Jeremy is working Custodial at the Carribean Beach Resort, and I am Merchandise at the gift shop of Disney's Contemporary Resort, which is said to be a 20 second monorail ride from Magic Kingdom.
(Image 2, my view during one of our presentations) : center;">
(Image 3, Jer and I after receiving our locations of work) On the bus ride back to Vista Way, I met a nice girl from Quebec, and met up with her and about twenty other Canadians and Brits at the pool. We chilled for about an hour, sitting in the water and exchanging experiences and expectations. At about half past noon, I headed back to my room for lunch and got ready to go sign more papers at the Pavilion - yay! I did get more information on tomorrow Tradition class though. It seems we are to dress in our best business attire, sit in yet another classroom and learn about Disney, and then take a tour of the park - still in our business dress. After that we receive our Disney ID cards though, meaning our free access to the parks and Disney discounts begin! We signed some more papers, than decided to take a trip to Starbucks to boost up on caffeine. What a difference that made. Following that, a successful trip to Walmart for some fruits, veggies, and pillows for my roomate.
(Image 4, one of the massive juicy strawberries we bought from Walmart...and Jeremy's head to model size comparison.) To finish off the evening, before our surprise amphibian guest, my flatmate Sarah and I enjoyed the sound of a sudden (and heavy) thunderstorm while we munched on our strawberries and microwaved instant dinners. It was a lovely day.
(Image 5, the strange yellow colour outside in between the evening thunderstorms.)

No comments:

Post a Comment