Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kimono at last!

I'm sorry, but a seperate post just had to be made for this. While I was studying Aikido, I became interested in Japanese culture and learned a bit about what a kimono is. I had been wanting to try one on ever since, and added it to my mental bucket list. When I was taking a Koto class (Japanese instrument) I missed the opportunity to wear one around. I then happened upon the Japanese club allowing the people to try on kimonos one evening after class, but I didn't have time to do anything but take a few pictures. So today, at Epcot, when I learned that you can try on any of the beautiful kimonos in their Japanese merchandise shop, I jumped on it. And I got to wear a kimono for a brief amount of time! So there you have it, checked off my bucket list. Next step - travel to Japan during the summer festival and purchase a yukata!

No comments:

Post a Comment