Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 7 - My first Epcot experience

WOW! I definitely would have to say that EPCOT is my favourite park so far, or at least I have had the most fun(and that is saying a lot) in that park since I arrived. It helps that all I expected to see was flowers and old people, but it was so much mre than that! The day was started early once again (although I find I am less tired on the days I get up early for work than when I get to sleep in.) I took the bus with a new friend named Val from Quebec, and we had 7 hours of Merchandise training in business dress at the Disney University. It was a long day, but our lunchbreak was paid and an hour long, so a group of Canadians took the free Disney shuttle over to the underground tunnels of the Magic Kingdom and lunched at the Mouseketeria, a fully-stocked and VERY cheap caf for cast members only. While in line-up, Val and I were passed by none other than the evil stepsisters from Cinderella! It was awesome! I also ran into a group of very sweet ladies who work at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and I loved their costumes so much I asked for a picture. After the break was followed by eLearning, which is essentially training videos on the computers that are so straightforward and endless that the minutes can't tick by fast enough. They are informative though, and thanks to them I can almost call myself a certified Merchantainment cast member. As I am working in a resort where we sell and serve alcohol and cigars, I had a few more videos than the rest of my class, and was left in the computer room alone with my trainers for about half an hour extra. We took the bus home, got changed (and munched on a piece of leftover birthday cake. Cheers, Helen!) then headed off around four thirty to meet up with some Canadian girls at the Epcot park. We ran into them quickly and went into that ride with dinosaurs, jeopardy, and Ellen(anybody know what I'm talking about?)It was awesome! Oh, and Bill Nye the Science Guy was featured in it too! Apparently, he works at NASA now. Who knew?? We also went on Spaceship Earth, which was also crazy amazing! I was so impressed by how interesting they make learning about history! We then went on a hunt to find the right place to have dinner. Our journey took us through Norway, some parts of Africa, Germany, and Morocco! I started teaching what little German I knew to Val, who is planning on taking some German classes next year. I told her we should practice together and maybe teach eachother! It would be a lot of fun. We finally decided to eat in Morocco. I opted for a kids hamburger meal because it was cheaper, but I regretted my choice as my friends tested out the cultural cuisine of humus and different types of falafel pitas and the like. SOon enough, we had live music played as we dined, and I couldn't help but dance along. It was such a great time! As the sun set, we headed over near the waterfront and sat along the stairs to watch the Illuminations firework show. I couldn\t even contain my excitement. More than once, I caught myself squealing and scrunching my hands like my little brother Liam used to do when he was excited as a baby. Since the Magic Kingdom closes at eleven and Epcot at nine, we hopped on a bus and arrived just in time to witness the Wishes fireworks show there. We ran over to Spacemountain as everybody was leaving the park, and were only in line for 15-20 minutes. After that, Devyn (another Canadian friend I made) asked us if we would like to try one of her favourite treats, a Dole Whip, and we went to find a stand that sells them. Turns out that a Dole WHip is soft serve ice cream mixed with real pineapple juice. I shared one with our friend Nikki. Delicious! We didn't make it all the way through Epcot, so I am definitely thinking about heading back ASAP. What a day it was!
The ladies I met in the Mouseketeria from the Boutique
Captain Hook and Peter Pan!
A handsome devil that I met after our Norwegian boat ride.
A tiny village in Germany much like the one I saw as child in Holland!
Some characters from Cars in Japan.
My baklava and cappucino at the Moroccan Restaurant. Yummy!
A blurry photo of my group as we got ready to watch the fireworks.
Finally, my attempts to photograph the fireworks show. Apparently I was not on the right camera setting! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment