Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Working at the Grand Floridian??

So, this week I am yet again deployed - this time at the grandest of them all, the Grand Floridian! I needed to get my costume, a period-themed green suit, from the costuming used by the Polynesian and GF, so I left early and met a girl from Australia while on the bus. She walked with me across the sweltering parking lot (why do they make these places so far away? I'll never know) and by the time we got to the building, we were both sweating. I found a skirt and blouse for my) costume just fine, and when I went to try on the jacket(which also fit fine) the lady who worked there insisted that I try another one the next size up. When I got to my work location, my coworkers mentioned that my jacket looked a little loose and thanks to the padded shoulders, makes me look like a box on top. Oh well, I find besides the awkward jacket, the costume is quite lovely. I promise I'll get a picture of myself soon! In the meantime, here's a few online photos of my new work location and costume :)
So I worked at their merchandise shop Mickey Mouse Merchantile, where if you simply stand outside the doors to greet guests, you can see down to the first floor and hear the gorgeous piano music being played, switched routinely with a jazzy band that consists of a cellist, pianist, bassist, trombone, and trumpet. Man, can that trumpet handle a solo. I couldn't stop myself from dancing along several times. With that costume, I felt like I was on broadway! :P At one point, the piano played three songs in a row that came straight off ne of my playlists on my iPod. It was really cool. Going back to the Contemporary where they play the same CD all day long is going to be hard. Fifteen minutes before close, we had a family(or rather, group of several families) come in and drop 1,050 dollars one one purchase! WITHOUT discount of any kind! Apparently, the lady who headed the group and paid for the order was married to a prince of some kind, and they had rented out an entire floor for their party! They cleaned us out, let me tell you. At the end of the night, when we were sitting at the bus stop, a bride and her party of bridesmaids and other guests came walking down the sidewalk right behind us! Apparently, this is a regular occurrence at the Grand Floridian. An average of three weddings a day or so I've heard. It's like another world!

No comments:

Post a Comment