Saturday, July 21, 2012

I was in Miami, trick

And it was AWESOME! Here's how it happened - me and my roommates who were going were sitting in our room around 6pm painting our toenails and sharing a bucket of frozen yogurt (or Froyo, as my British friends call it) and waiting around for Wil the Photographer to text. The Brits were promoters for the trip, so they had to deliver the names on their guest list and money to the guy who arranged the whole thing, Wil. At around 9pm we all finally had gotten our stuff ready and finished what we needed to do, then went to bed to get as much sleep as possible before our 2am start. I was so excited I hardly slept, but I didn't even feel fatigued until the next day because of how much went on during our day. We dolled ourselves up, donned our swimsuits and clothes, and met up with the others who were coming with us before heading out at 3:30am. After picking up snacks and waiting at the Wendys where the EIGHT buses were supposed to pick us up, my Canadian roommate Sarah realised as her contact suddenly popped out that she had left her glasses at the apartment. She is even more blind than me without her glasses, so I went with her to guide her through our complex and we ran back as fast as we could. The buses were just arriving at the time, and despite pushing to the front of every group, we still ended up on the last bus. Four hours, multiple pit stops, and a lot of dozing on the bus and we were there! Yes, I did listen to LMFAO's song as we arrived in the city. We all did.
Before setting up camp on the beach, we all got together for an enormous group photo. Following that, we got our "free" t-shirts then slathered on some sunscreen and spent the next few hours in the sea and soaking up the Miami sun.
(These pics were taken by none other than Wil himself.) On our list of things to do was also visit Dash, a store owned and decorating by the Kardashian sisters, and lunch at TGI Fridays. First of course came shampooing and rinsing off the salt from our hair in the shower, an accomplishment in itself.Then we split up, as some of us wanted to do a little extra shopping, and I ended up joining Amy and Vicky as we ventured the fashion streets of the city. We passed a cop car that had Miami Beach printed on its side and stopped for a quick photo. Here's mine:
(thanks to Amy for the photo.) Two hours later, as we were sitting down for one of the most delicious restaurant meals I have ever consumed, a familiar face from the first Miami trip of Amy and Vicky popped up at the window - a not-so-normal man dressed in a leopard print bikini as well as polka dot bra underneath and matching pink lipstick shook what his Momma gave him in front of the dining guests. We went out to say hi and ended up having a lovely (if not completely true) conversation with him about all the countries he's visited and radio stations that have him state the weather and the news on his little headset there. I have to say, he was QUITE the fella.
After our long drive home, we quickly got changed and re-made up our faces for a night out at B-Dubs (Buffalo Wild Wings.) My hands practically glowed with the big black exes on them declaring that I am under 21, but I still had a great time dancing and meeting some cool people. Not to mention, our taxi ride home was only 6 bucks. After being up for a solid and unforgettable 24 hours, I hit the sack and slept soundly.

No comments:

Post a Comment