Monday, June 25, 2012

Rain, rain, and a still broken camera cord.

It was coming down in buckets all day yesterday... so naturally, Jeremy and I went to go play at the Magic Kingdom. Jeremy, being an outdoor worker, has a work-issued see-through rain jacket - and matching pants - which he put on for the occasion. We fought the exiting crowds through the torrents of water falling from the sky to get to the flooded Main Street and decided to relive our childhoods by jumping in puddles and splashing around without a care in the world. Our time was limited to 2 and a half hours as I had to take the monorail over to work, so we ran around Adventureland and played our Sorcerer cards (for those of you who haven't heard of them, you definitely need to try it if/when you come down!) We got sick of it after while, so we went to the bakery where I ate a very fancy bagel for lunch and then walked around the merchandise shops to waste some time. We watched a glass-blower make a vase in the style of Minnie Mouse, and traded some pins with the cast members in the Emporium. Finally, we headed over to the Contemporary where I bought some gifts and introduced Jeremy to some of my coworkers (one spanish lady named Theresa told me "ello es guapo como tu" meaning "he is attractive like you." I thought that was sweet, and it was fun talking about my brother in front of him without his understanding.) Apparently last night we had a tornado warning, which is scary, but I slept through any storms and was lulled by the rain into sleeping until 12pm, so it turned out alright after all. We are supposed to have constant clouds, wind, and rain until who knows when, which would usually be ideal movie-watching weather, but the Vista Way Library computers are down and I am left with no choice but to socialize. Woe is me. Perhaps Wednesday will be Universal Studios day!

No comments:

Post a Comment