Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Did you know some people call a bag, a sack?

I was cashing out a boy at one the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and he was just getting a couple of snacks, so I asked him, "Would you like a bag?". He then gave me the strangest look, as if I had started speaking some other language. "U-uh what?" he asked me. Having served people from all over the country, I used a term I knew he would know, "Would you like a sack?" He responded with "Um, yes please ma'am." and we went on with our way. I have to say, I think it's just the cutest thing when people from the southern states call me Ma'am, especially the kids. It's definitely not something I'm not used to hearing very often in Canada. Life is still moving down here in Florida - we're past the halfway point by about a day or two. I am continuing to get evening shifts, meaning I can't take the bus to Walmart as it starts going after one. Evening shifts also mean my social life is even further limited, as most of my friends work day shifts or have already made plans. It's fine with me though, I usually sleep in late in the morning, clean up the house a bit, then go run an errand before work, and I still have enough energy to visit the gym afterwards. Oh, but I have to say that coffee has been a big help. I am starting to have the need to shop creep up on me. I would really like to save my money for school, but Disney merchandise is really addictive! So far I have managed to contain myself and even work extra hours, but who knows how long that will last? I have already made up my mind to buy a polyester kimono before I go home, so thats 150 bucks out of the pocket. Anyways, not much exciting has been going on this week. Tomorrow is my day off and I'm hoping to get to the Magic Kingdom, so I'll be keeping you posted! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment